Friday, June 13, 2008

Out of surgery

Just wanted to update everyone and let you know that Jacob came out of surgery around 7:30 PM (they got a late start) and he did great! The opthalmologist called us personally to say Jacob did great and he is now recovering nicely. His eyes might be red and puffy for a few days, but other than that there were no issues. He may eventually end up needing laser treatment again, but he may not so we will wait and see.

Since I am updating you I can let you know that Jacob was up to 5 lb 2 oz as of last night. The are weighing him now so he is probably even slightly higher than that tonight!

I am recovering as well. My mouth is still numb so I am not really feeling much pain, but it hasn't been as bad as I expected it would be. I think the anxiety of the surgery was worse than the actual surgery. Hopefully, I can eat regular food again in a few days. Half gallons of chocolate ice cream lose their appeal after a few hours. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...