Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

As I said in a previous post, I am currently obsessed with pinning. It has helped me rediscover my love of cooking and I have been trying new recipes every week.

My kitchen leaves much to be desired and I was having a hard time getting motivated to cook. I have no counter space, no cabinet space, no pantry, etc. It is near impossible to prep to cook a decent meal, but since finding Pinterest and rediscovering my crock pot I am more motivated than ever.

I am also on a mission to save money and I am spending about $50 less a week on our grocery bill by digging through our cabinets and finding recipes to use up the goods we have in there rather than buying more stuff to fill up the cabinets. That is how this week's recipe came to be. I present to you:

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins!

1 - 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 - Box of yellow cake mix

Spoon the mixture into a muffin pan or paper liners and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

THAT'S IT!!!!

I had both of these on hand and was very excited to try these out since our house is a big fan of all things pumpkin. I Googled for some reviews of this recipe and everyone gave it 5 stars! I was a little worried, since it was just a boxed cake mix and one can of puree, that the muffins would be dry, but NO! Many of the reviewers did say they used a spice cake mix and since I had yellow I decided to modify the recipe by adding the following:

1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 tsp of ground cloves
1/2 bag of semi-sweet morsels

Since I had all of these ingredients on hand, I cleared out some space in my non-existent pantry and used up some of the food we had. We'll have these for snacks and breakfast this week and that helped trim our grocery bill. Even though I added the spice and chocolate chips you CAN make this recipe with just the box cake mix and can of puree. It's so simple!

I have a lot of catching up to do this week with my blogging. There are lots of pictures to be uploaded and many events/milestones to be recorded. Eli will be 3 months old tomorrow so I should have that post up tomorrow afternoon and then Pumpkin Patch pictures and an update on how we are doing sans Television in this house. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...