Friday, June 25, 2010

SCORE!

Those of you that know me well know that I rarely buy ANYTHING without a coupon. I am always on the hunt for the best bargain and use coupons when making any type of purchase (groceries, clothes, toys, restaurants, etc.). My favorite thing to do lately is my weekly Target run with the kids. I pick up a few essentials like toiletry items and groceries, but usually I comb the aisles looking for end caps stocked with clearance items. Usually I find some discontinued food items that we like for half off or some health and beauty deals, but this week I found the best deal of all:
This is the Safety 1st No-Pinch Table and 4 Chairs. It retails for $49.99, but apparently it has been discontinued and Target is selling them for $12.48!!!!! I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. It comes in a rather large, flat box, but you better believe I picked that sucker up by the packing tape and dragged it all the way to the front registers while trying to maintain control of my double stroller. A few people stared and one person asked me if I wanted a hitch, but at my local Target it was the last one on the shelf and I wanted it. It is perfect for the arts and crafts projects I have been doing with Jacob and will be great for coloring....once Jacob stops eating crayons and uses them to draw.

A few new things I discovered this week at my local TRU is a line of infant toys called Bruin. I had never heard of them before or seen them at my other local BRU/TRU, but they are relatively cheap and after playing with them for a few days alongside Grace they seem to be pretty well constructed. I bought her this and this to replace this which Jacob chewed to bits....literally. I would highly recommend this line to anyone looking for infant toys in the 0-15 month range. The prices are much lower than the similar Melissa and Doug and Fisher Price toys and seem to work just as well, if not better!!

The last thing I discovered this week is the Target up&up brand of Diapers. I have been a Pampers snob since the day Jacob was born. Everyone raved about them and they worked from day 1 so I bought them. As usual, I hunted down coupons left and right to knock $6 off of every box I bought in bulk from BJ's and thought I was scoring a huge deal. Then the Cruisers fiasco happened and although my kids developed severe diaper rashes recently I figured it was probably more heat rash than Cruisers related.

Either way, I decided to start trying out different brands in case I had to make the switch so, off I went to Target where I bought 3 mega packs of Luvs, Huggies and up&up. The first thing I noticed was the price difference. WOW! For roughly 100 diapers (give or take a few) Huggies and Pampers were by far the most expensive choice at $29.99 a box. Luvs was second at $17.99 and up&up was only $13.69 PER BOX. I was in disbelief and couldn't believe I hadn't thought of switching sooner. I assumed they must be pretty low quality being that cheap, but regardless I bought a pack of each to try at home.

I liked the Luvs okay. We didn't have any leaking, but the diapers were very plastic-y feeling (for lack of a better term) and I didn't like that.

The Huggies didn't leak either, but the inside lining of the diaper broke up into chunks when wet which I found disturbing.

Next, I tried the Target brand and I was blown away! They were by far the best out of the three AND the most inexpensive. They were similar in quality to Pampers and I was sold! I am on my second box already and still in love. The only complaint I have is that the diaper size is on the inside of the right side tab so you have to open the tab to find out what size diaper you have and if you have kids in different sizes this might be irritating, but other than that I am a huge fan! I am thinking of trying their wipes out next so I can switch from the Pampers Sensitive. I have also heard great things about BJ's Berkley and Jensen brand of diapers so if anyone has a review on those let me know. I would love to find a diaper I can buy in bulk, but for now I am happy with my Target find!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...