Sunday, April 6, 2008

More weight gain!

Not too much news to report today other than weight gain, but weight gain is such good news I had to post! As of last night he was 1 lb 11 oz!!!! He probably will still fluctuate up and down, but this is a step in the right direction. Ian and I are very happy with his progress!

I was able to hold him for a couple of hours last night and he didn't sleep a wink the whole time. He was very interested in what was going on around him. Personally, I think it is the bright lights of the NICU that distract him.

One of our favorite nurses, Pat, was on last night and she said Jacob is very spunky. She said every time she changes his diaper or picks him up to weigh him, etc. he scowls at her. Apparently, he doesn't like to be bothered. This was apparent when I tried to change his diaper and he peed on me! I am now officially a mother! My parents use to tell me that when I came out I was scowling too so maybe he is just like his mother (news my father will be ecstatic about!!). She said he will probably give us a run for our money when he hits the age of 2!

As the doctor said, we are trying not to let our highs get too high or our lows get too low, but it is so hard when he is doing this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...