Friday, June 24, 2011

The countdown is ON!

Yesterday, I had my second to LAST appointment with my doctor before delivery!

I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday and my next appointment is July 7th which will put me at almost 35 weeks. That week is also, coincidentally, the last time I have to go into the office to get my progesterone injection. We are so close!

At my next appointment, we will schedule an amnio for 36w to determine if baby's lungs are mature and he is ready to be delivered. In the meantime, I have been ordered to go straight to the hospital (do not pass go, do not collect $200) if I feel any burning sensation or pain in my abdomen. That was comforting!

Needless to say, I have been nesting like crazy trying to get this house in order and make sure I have everything I need before this baby gets here. With Grace, I was prepared well ahead of time and even hired a cleaning lady to come in and scrub my house top to bottom 2 days before my scheduled c-section, but I seem to be slacking this pregnancy and just waiting until the last minute to do anything. It could have something to do with having two off-the-wall toddlers and trying to keep my sanity.

Up until now both my kids have both been excellent nappers. I am usually able to squeeze at least 2-3 hours out of them and on a good day they can sleep between 3-4 hours! Yesterday was one of those days for Grace, but Jacob has been boycotting naps especially if he falls asleep in the car for 10 minutes on the way home from running errands. I have heard that once they start doing this it is a sign of things to come and I am just crossing my fingers that I can get another 3-4 months of naps out of him once baby arrives. On the days he boycotts naps he usually ends up passing out in random places throughout the house during dinnertime. Case in point:




I went on a shopping spree this week and I have tied up most of my loose ends as far as supplies go. I really will have no need to leave the house other than for sanity purposes. I picked up an extra pack of Aden and Anais swaddlers (a friend recently gifted me her leftovers so now I have 8 which should be plenty!), a miracle blanket, some bottles (I had to pump off and on for the first few weeks with both kids due to latch issues), some pacifiers, 2 boxes of newborn diapers to add to the current stash I have built up of sizes 1 and 2, burp cloths and some necessary nursing accessories. I am pretty confident that other than the occasional take-out run, Ian won't have to leave the house for 2 weeks unless he wants to! :)

Overall, I am just anxious to meet this little guy and see who he looks like! The closer I get the more impatient I get, however, I am thankful that this pregnancy went by MUCH faster than Grace's. I remember thinking that August would NEVER arrive when I found out I was pregnant with her in December and that pregnancy dragged on forever. Not to mention the fact that I was high risk and it was my first pregnancy after a 24 week delivery so I had no idea what to expect. Every twinge, pain, cramp sent me into a panic. I am much calmer this time and add to that the two rambunctious toddlers and the fact that Jacob started Preschool this year and I had enough to keep me occupied so I didn't think too much about it.

Tomorrow is Grace's early birthday party and Elmo is definitely making an appearance! I am so excited to see her reaction (and Jacob's for that matter). They LOVE Elmo and the entire party is Abby Cadabby and Elmo themed. I will be sure to post an update over the weekend. Once this party is over the next thing on my list is to drag everything out of the basement and start washing covers and assembling. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...