Friday, August 26, 2011

One Month!

Eli, you are one month old today!

We took you to the Pediatrician this afternoon for your one month visit and you are quite the growing boy! You weighed in at 9 lbs 9 oz and you are 21 inches long! You are wearing size 1 diapers and all of your newborn clothes are too small. It is time to pack them away and haul them off to Goodwill! Here are your stats and percentiles:

Weight: 9 lbs 9 oz 18%
Height: 20.9 inches 21%
Head: 38.0 cm 72%

We also saw your very first smile this morning and my heart just melted. You are growing up so quickly and I feel like the newborn days will be over in a flash. At night, after your big sister and big brother have gone to bed, I head up to our bedroom with you to snuggle until it is time to go to bed. I could lay with you on my chest all day long if I had the time.

I was finally able to wean off the pump when you were three weeks old and you are nursing exclusively now. You eat every 3 hours during the day with an occasional 4 hour gap. You are doing great at night and typically get up once between 2:30 and 5 AM to nurse depending on when you last ate before bed. A few nights you have even slept for almost 6 hours straight from 11 to 5!!

You don't seem to be a big fan of your swing or bouncy seat unless we put you in them when you are sound asleep, but you do love your PnP which is currently being used as a bassinet. You love to watch the animals and lounge on your Boppy Newborn Lounger. That was definitely a wise investment!

You also seem to love giving us the side eye:


I can't wait (but actually I can!) for your first birthday so that I can look back at all these pictures, like I did with Jacob and Grace, and see how much you've grown and changed over 12 months. Many people have said you looked like Jacob on the day you were born, but more and more people are starting to say they see me in you. I definitely think you will have brown eyes just like me. They seem to get darker every day!

We love you so much and Jacob and Grace adore you. When you cry they say, "It's okay, Baby Eli" and they tell everyone who asks that you are "Baby Eli". We're wondering if they will ever call you plain, old Eli. Grace likes to tell me she is "helping" and give you your pacifier and she has even helped bottle feed you a couple of times when I was pumping. Jacob loves to climb up on our bed when you are on there with me and put his head next to yours and say, "Awwwww". They both love to give you hugs and kisses all the time.

I know in a matter of minutes we will be celebrating your first birthday and I will wonder how the time flew by so fast so I am trying to soak up every second I have with you. We love you sweet boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...