Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to school, back to school...

...to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. STOP LOOKING AT ME, SWAN!

Now that I have that out of my system let's move on, shall we?

Yesterday was Jacob's first day of Pre-K! Here he is with his signature scrunchy face:


He was so excited to go to school and see his friends and Miss Christine, Miss Nancy and Miss Laurie. Last Thursday was Open House and Jacob had so much fun. He has so much energy and ran around the classroom like a crazy person for 45 minutes. I was literally sweating when we exited the building and I was exhausted. I love him to death, but I am glad that his teachers are the ones that have to deal with that 3 days a week for 2.5 hours! Actually, his teachers said he isn't like that during school. Once he gets into the routine he is great and they said they really enjoy having him. That makes me so happy!

I am looking forward to speech therapy resuming and hoping he makes some progress. He is definitely starting to pick up as far language goes, but we have trouble making out what he is trying to say which is very frustrating for all of us! Not to mention, Grace is light years ahead of him and the further ahead she gets the more anxious I become. We really expected him to start talking when Grace did and that just hasn't happened. Now Grace can sing entire Fresh Beat Band songs and talks in sentences. I have decided to have his hearing tested just in case there is a problem there that we are unaware of and I am really hoping that the tests come back normal. We can hardly keep his glasses on his face for half a day I can't imagine what he would be like with a hearing aid too!

In baby news, Eli is thisclose to sleeping through the night and that makes me a happy camper. In fact, last night he woke up at 5 AM and when I tried to feed him he passed back out and slept until 8 AM. I am looking forward to my first full night of sleep in the near future! He is growing like a weed and has to be close to 12 pounds or more because I am having trouble getting his arms in his 0-3 month onesies and snapping them.

In other news, I was able to get the kids to sit still for 3.5 seconds and snap a picture of all three of them and they even SMILED to boot! I was shocked!


We also let them hold "Baby Eli" as they call him.


Also, please ignore my horrible picture taking skills. There are blurry pics and even some heads cut off, but it was a hurry up and snap the picture before someone moves/pees/poops/throws up situation. You know how that goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...