Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Grace's "Watermelon Picnic"!

I didn't take enough pictures!

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole day, but there is nothing I can do about it now. This always happens so I am not surprised, but overall the party was a huge success! We had hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, pasta salad, chips, fruit salad and finished it all off with cupcakes made by yours truly. I found them in the book Hello, Cupcake and have decided that I am doing cupcakes for every subsequent birthday party. I had so much fun doing it and it was so nice to feel like the party had that extra special touch because I had created something special for my baby girl:


I also found this great seller on Etsy who does custom favor toppers and stickers. I bought the stickers, baked cookies and handed them out in cello bags tied with red and green ribbon:


Last Summer, I was cruising through the mall with Jacob and Grace and came across this dress on the Gymboree clearance rack:


It was perfect for a Summer birthday party in July! Needless to say, I have been planning the party around this watermelon picnic theme for months. EVERYTHING was red and green and the balloons were red, green and black. Grace wore her dress and had a blast smashing her cupcake all over the place and smearing the frosting in her hair. Here is the proof:



After everyone had eaten the kids had a blast playing in the beach ball sprinkler, the kiddie pool and the water table. Grace got so many nice gifts including more money in gift cards than I currently have in my checking account so I am trying to find something nice to buy her. I am thinking maybe a cozy coupe? It is something she can grow into and get years of use out of it.

After everyone left, both kids slept for over 2 hours so they were exhausted and so was I. It was early to bed that night. I can't believe that tomorrow my baby will be ONE! Where has the past year gone?! I think even more depressing is the fact that the next birthday party I will be planning is Jacob's THIRD birthday in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...