Thursday, July 22, 2010

ONE!

Today, at 2:53 PM, my beautiful, baby girl turned one year old!!

Where did the past 12 months go?!?! It is so true what they say about the years flying by faster once you have kids. I feel like just yesterday we were lugging her around in her infant seat and waiting for her to sit up on her own! Currently, she is all over the place and into EVERYTHING to the point where I don't even attempt to pick up the play room anymore because as soon as I am done she empties all the bins! It is just a game to her.

Grace's vocabulary has really taken off in the past couple of months. I was shocked at 9 months when she started saying Mama and referring to me when she said it, not just saying the word. As soon as I left the room or if she was upset it was Mama, Mama, Mama! I was wondering if it was a hint at what was to come and it sure was because she already has a handful of words.

She says Mama, Dada, more, all or done, cheese, happy and night night (complete with wave). She also knows the signs for "more", "all done" and "milk".

As soon as I pick her up and start up the stairs she turns around and starts yelling, "night night" and waving frantically at whoever is in the room even if she isn't going down for a nap or for the night.

When I ask who wants to sing songs she starts yelling "HAPPY" (her favorite is "If you're happy and you know it") and as soon as I start singing she claps her hands, kicks her feet and flings her hands over her head and yells "HOO" (that's as close as she gets to Hooray!).

She can do the Itsy Bitsy Spider and loves to clap for all of my performances. When we sing wheels on the bus and I get to "all through the town" she yells out "TOWN!" before I can.

She is always smiling and sticking out her tongue a la Gene Simmons and if I point a camera at her she squints her eyes in anticipation of the flash and grins from ear to ear.

The past year has been awesome for so many reasons. I was able to experience having a baby room in with me at the hospital. She was discharged with me as well 4 days later. I haven't had to adjust her age to measure milestones or track her weight gain. I was able to celebrate her birthday on her actual birthday and not when she should have been turning one or celebrating it 3.5 months premature. On top of all of this, I think having a sibling this close has been great for Jacob. They have a blast playing together and it has been good for Jacob's developing social skills, sharing and taking turns. I have seen him come leaps and bounds ahead of where he was a few months ago.

Tonight, we had Grandpa over for dinner (Eggplant Parm) and celebrated Gracie's birthday with cupcakes from Cupcake Charlie's (she had Red Velvet). I figured since it was bath night and all I would let her smash another one.


Happy birthday, to "the most beautiful girl" Gracie! We love you so much and cannot wait to see all of the great things you do in your life. You are such a blessing and we thank God for you and your health every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...