Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Recap

We attempted to get out of the house this weekend for the first time since Jacob came home from the hospital. It was such a relief to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air. Jacob's cast keeps him so sweaty that our AC has been on overdrive. The past few days were on the cooler side and I desperately wanted to open my windows!!

We started off with our weekly trip to church. Our Sunday School is canceled in the Summer so we only had the memorial service at 10 AM. We set up a pack and play in the back with pillows piled high and Jacob sat in it and read books for the first 15-20 minutes. By the time we were halfway through he was getting antsy so Ian had to sit with Jacob in his lap and occupy him, but we survived.

After that, we stopped over my Aunt Pam and Uncle Wayne's house for a quick visit and some lunch. My 91 year old Grandmother lives with my Aunt and is constantly worrying about anything and everything. My Aunt said that she was very upset when she heard about Jacob's fall and I am sure that seeing him helped ease her mind. We were only there an hour and Jacob was getting restless (and on a food strike yet again) so we loaded the kids up and headed for SS Plaza so I could attempt to find a dress for a wedding we have on Friday. Our hope was that the kids would fall asleep and sleep through my shopping while Ian drove around to keep them sleeping and it worked! It also helped that the dress I bought was one of the first four I tried on.

Last night was AWFUL! Jacob gets muscle spasms at night and they don't always wake him up, but so far there are two nights where he has been inconsolable. Last night was one of those nights. He screams in a way I have never heard him scream before and it sounds like he is being tortured. It kills us to see him like this and seriously rips us apart. The doctor and nurses say there isn't much we can do to help. They suggested Benadryl to help him sleep, which I was a little leery about, but attempted last night for the first time. He vomited it all up. The good thing is after he got sick he calmed down and passed out while Ian and I attempted to spot clean his cast, bean bag and rug. :(

This afternoon, I am going to spend some much needed one-on-one time with Gracie. I feel so bad for her. I know I have said again and again how much she relies on Jacob to play, but today I walked in the room and she was just sitting on her fold-out couch staring off into space. She hangs out on that thing all.day.long. I feel so bad for her which is why I am looking forward to this so much. To start, we are going to Brewster Gardens in Plymouth for her one year birthday portraits with Black Thumb Studio. Jeff is a friend of mine and I will share more of his story and some of the proofs in another post when I get the pictures. After that we have her 12 month well visit with her Pediatrician. I am sure she has at least caught up to Jacob or maybe even passed him. She has really started growing length wise and I have noticed her leaning out though so I guess it could go either way. I figure we'll finish up our evening at the Mall since I have a few things to pick up at Target and we'll treat her to a grilled cheese sandwich at Panera (her favorite!). Hopefully, this will recharge the both of us for the rest of our week at home with Jacob.

Jacob's follow-up appointment and x-ray at Tufts are on Thursday so there will be more news about that this week as well. I'll be sure to keep you posted on Grace's appointment and Jacob's appointment. Sorry, no pictures today. I took a break from my camera this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...